Non-medical management includes a variety of options of which patients should be made aware. In some cases, patients may be satisfied with only undergoing non-medical management. Unfortunately, most of these options are paid for out-of pocket and would not be financially feasible for all patients.
- Voice and communication therapy
- Of more utility in MtF patients, as hormone therapy will not lower the voice pitch. However therapy for both FtMs and MtFs is available.
- Seeing a speech language pathologist in Moncton is covered.
- Hair removal (electrolysis, laser, waxing)
- Breast binding or padding
- Genital tucking or penile prostheses
- Hip or buttocks padding
- Changes in name and gender marker on identity documents